Albert Road Surgery


New Patient Registration

If you live within our practice area you are welcome to register with us and our reception staff will be happy to guide you through the procedure.

Eligibility can be quickly confirmed from your address so please provide proof by way of a recent utility bill along with one form of photographic ID.  This is not a legal requirement, but is preferred by the practice.

You will need to complete a registration form GMS1 and a new patient questionnaire – this will provide useful information whilst we wait for your medical records to arrive from your previous doctor.

All new patients are offered a health check with our Health Care Assistant (HCA).  This is to ensure that any required tests are up to date and that we have an accurate note of any repeat medication which you may be taking.

Please Note:

  • Registration with the practice will commence when you attend your appointment with our HCA – completion of a GMS1 form does not mean you are registered at the practice
  • When you come to see our HCA you must remember to bring along your completed GMS1 form and two forms of eligibility (as mentioned above)

Temporary Registration

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months.  This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP.  After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use.  Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot however register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Immediately Necessary (Emergency) Treatment

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days.  After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.





Other useful links and information: